|Thursday, March 3, 2011|
To my Grove family,
You will not want to miss this weekend as our Grove men who have just returned from Guadalajara will be sharing in the service in both song and testimony. I have heard that Kenny Hughes is going to give his personal testimony and I can guarantee you that will be something you will want to hear. I am going to close the service with a 10-minute challenge from one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, Matthew 14. Please read it to be ready for this weekend.
It’s time to take your picture for The Grove! We are in the middle of signups for our 2011 pictorial directory and it will not be complete without you. This is one of the great tools we have to make sure we know the names of everyone. I can tell you I have used our old directory hundreds if not thousands of times as almost daily I am trying to put a face with a name I hear. It is the reason I know by name almost all of the folks in the old directory. I have heard countless people tell me the very same thing. Please take a moment right now and sign up to have your picture taken – it is simple. Go to www.signup.olanmills.com and then click on “Make a New Appointment.” In the left column you need to put the church’s phone number (951) 571-9090 and then fill in your information. After the information is filled in “saving” it will take you to the dates and times the photography will be taking place (you’ll need to look for RED dates in March and April). Just sign up for an available slot that fits your schedule. Thanks so much for taking time to do this; we really do appreciate it!
Member Voting and Annual Business Meeting
This weekend we need all official Grove members to vote to ratify board members Craig Merrihew and Bill Hanks (four-year terms); ratify treasurer Kevin O’Neill (one-year term); and confirm Tom Lance as Senior Pastor for another five years. It is important that everyone votes so please take time after the service to do so. We will be having our Annual Business Meeting on March 6 at 5 p.m. in Room C-200.
Free Point Loma Nazarene University Choir Concert
On Sunday, March 6, at 7:30 p.m., the Point Loma Nazarene University (PLNU) Concert Choir will be performing a FREE concert to bless the entire family. The award winning PLNU choir performs all over the southwest. They perform a wide variety of musical numbers from classical choir pieces to contemporary artists. They are sure to entertain. You will not want to miss out on a great evening of music and fellowship. For more information please call (951) 571-9090 Ext. 2425.
The HUB Specials
· Saturday, March 5, 5:45-6:45 p.m.: Tri-Tip BBQ (beverage included) for $7.99
· Sunday, March 6, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Tri-Tip Sandwich or Tri-Tip Salad (beverage included) for $7.99
· Soup is also available on Sundays.
· Corona Norco Unified School District is looking for an intermediate school math teacher and a speech language pathologist. Apply at www.edjoin.org.
· Murrieta Valley School District is looking for a substitute teacher, an attendance clerk, and a middle school teacher for Julian Charter School. Apply at www.edjoin.org.
· Volunteer/Internship opportunities at a local prison. Call (951) 273-2976.
· RTA coach operator position, City of Riverside Recreation Leader, and City of Riverside Senior Internal Auditor. Apply at www.riversideca.gov.
· Pep Boys is looking for a Job Placement Technician. Call (951) 222-8480.
See you all this weekend – bring a friend!